Legal assistance and representation regarding the sale or purchase of a real estate property in Spain.
An English-speaking lawyer will prepare your purchase and sales agreement to buy or sell an off-plan or used Spanish property. Your lawyer will advise you of any potential pitfalls, recommend specific changes that would benefit you, discuss or negotiate these concerns and changes with the other party, and accompany you to the notary’s office to close the transaction, or represent you all throughout the conveyancing process by using a Power of Attorney previously granted by you in our favor.
What is included? Your lawyer will:
- Discuss your concerns and issues with you.
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract, or preliminary private purchase/sale agreement.
- Obtaining the energy performance certificate, when applicable.
- Obtaining your NIE no., when applicable.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or the contract with the other party or the other party’s lawyer.
- Provide legal advice related to the mortgage to be obtained, when applicable.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a used one).
- Check whether the community fees, and IBI (Real Estate Tax) payments are in good standing.
- Accompany you to, or represent you at the notary’s office in order to sign the purchase/sales deed.
- Calculate and pay the transfer tax, if applicable.
- Register the purchase deed at the Land Registry.
- Change the property title with the local authorities.
- Process your Capital Gains Tax on Land (“Plusvalía”) before the local tax office, where applicable, on your behalf.
Services not included:
- Notary and Land Registry fees, taxes, and any kind of cost involved in the purchase/sale of the property
- Negotiations with the seller/buyer regarding the purchase price.
- Obtaining a mortgage for you.
- Opening a bank account in Spain.
- Assistance with any litigation process.
- Any further assistance once the purchase/sale is duly registered at the Land Registry.
Checklist for the first interview with your lawyer (to be arranged by us):
- Copy of any document that is relevant to the offer or contract, either in electronic form or in hard copy.
- Name and address of any other party to the contract.
- Address of the property being bought or sold.
- A copy of the existing deed or title report for the property being purchased or sold.
This Legal Service will help you to :
- Overcome the language barrier with the help of an English-speaking Spanish lawyer.
- Make sure that the items that you think are included in the sale, such as furniture, are listed.
- Make sure what are the costs involved in the transaction.
- Have a lawyer representing you, in case you cannot come to Spain to sign the purchase/sales deed.
- Make sure the purchase or sale transaction complies with Spanish civil and zoning laws.
- Properly disclose the hidden defects in a house.
- Protect yourself if the deal falls through.
- Save time and money over traditional hourly billing.
- Enjoy peace of mind.
This Legal Service is appropriate for anyone who is willing to buy/sell a property in Spain.
If there is a deadline associated with the purchase/sale (for example, if you must sign the contract within a fixed term), please make sure that it is at least 5 days ahead before purchasing this Legal Service.
In case the value of the property you wish to buy or sell exceeds 400,000.00 eur, this fee will not be applicable for assistance. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a customized quote.
WAY OF PAYMENT: You can pay through PayPal , and you may also do it by credit card, just click on the ‘send and pay now‘ button and choose the option below “Pay with a Bank account or Credit Card“. Mobile payment Bizum (+34 663 400 612), and wire transfer are also available (contact us by email to email@example.com for banking details).