An English-speaking lawyer of our team will prepare and send a letter demanding payment of an overdue debt owed to you or your business in Spain
Advice and Answers:
- Let your debtor know you are serious.
- Establish a position of strength for future dealings.
- Determine whether your debtor has legal grounds for nonpayment according to Spanish Law.
- Learn whether there are steps you can take to increase your chance of collecting.
- Evaluate whether a lawsuit is worth pursuing.
- Save time and reduce aggravation.
- Enjoy peace of mind.
What is included? Your English-speaking Spanish lawyer will:
- Review the information you provide
- Discuss your concerns and issues with you.
- Give you specific advice
- Prepare and send a demand letter (via registered mail or certified fax)
- Discuss or negotiate the claim with the debtor or the debtor’s lawyer, if appropriate
- This Legal Service is appropriate for any individual or business that has a problem collecting an overdue debt in Spain that has not been or cannot be resolved by standard collection procedures.
- This fee is not applicable if the unpaid amount exceeds EUR 30,000. In such case, please contact us and ask for a customized estimate.
- If you have already sent a similar letter and you wish to litigate directly against the debtor before Spanish courts, contact us and ask for a customized estimate.
Services not included:
- Preparation of any official court papers for a collection lawsuit
- A formal, written legal opinion
- Any lawyer time over 1 hour
Checklist for your first interview with us:
- Copies of any documents, contracts and letters that show the basis, amount and collection history of the debt
- Any notes you have made about conversations or events (including important dates) that are part of this matter
- Name(s) and address(es) of the debtor and any employee(s) of the debtor who have been involved in this matter
- Names and addresses of any other parties involved in this matter